Regaining its dominance in the 4G data market of India, the telecom operator Reliance Jio has topped in offering the highest average download speed on a mobile network in India. According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) MySpeed Portal, Jio’s network offered an average monthly download speed of 17.427 Mbps. The data is for the period between 30th November 2016 to 31st January 2017.
In the second spot, we have the Idea Cellular clocking at 12.216 Mbps average download speed. While Airtel dropped to the third position with 11.254 Mbps average download speed. If you remember previously, Airtel topped the charts with an average download speed of 11.862 Mbps. During the same time, Jio showed a major drop in its download speed, averaging at 8.345 Mbps.
TRAI MySpeed report till 31st January 2017
- Reliance Jio got the highest average download speed with 17.427 Mbps.
- Airtel dropped from the first spot to the third spot with an average download speed of 11.254 Mbps.
- On the second spot, we now have Idea Cellular averaging 12.216 Mbps download speed.
- Vodafone India’s average download speed dropped to 8.337 Mbps.
- With only its 3G network, BSNL offered a consistent average download speed of 2.893 Mbps.
In upload scenario, Reliance Jio’s average upload speed dropped further to 2.208 Mbps. Whereas Idea showed a major improvement with almost doubling its upload speed to 7.497 Mbps. Airtel upload speed dropped slightly to 4.492 Mbps.
If you are new to TRAI MySpeed Portal, then the portal uses data shared by users using its TRAI MySpeed App. It lets you explore the network coverage and mobile internet speed across different telecom operators pinpointed to your exact location or area. This will help you to find the telecom operator offering speediest mobile internet connection in your area.