We are getting lots of emails, tweets, and comments asking for ways to find Reliance Jio 4G network coverage in an area. Earlier the operator itself came up with Smart Coverage map (in beta stage) to show Jio’s 4G network coverage across India. But now it seems Jio has limited the map availability to the general public.
So how to check Reliance Jio 4G network coverage in your area? Well, we have a more trusted and accurate way to check the Reliance Jio 4G network coverage in an area. Remember the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) Analytics Portal? Using these portal users can check the results of independent drive tests done by TRAI, call drop rates, mobile internet speed and quality of service.
You can use the TRAI MySpeed Analytics Portal to check Reliance Jio’s 4G network coverage in an area. Adding more to that, you can use the portal to check any Indian telecom operator’s 2G, 3G or 4G network coverage across India.
The TRAI MySpeed Portal collects data from actual users using the TRAI MySpeed App. It lets you explore the network coverage and mobile internet speed across different telecom operators pinpointed to your exact location or area.
How to check Reliance Jio 4G network coverage
- First head over to TRAI MySpeed Portal.
- There choose the telecom operator you wish to check the network coverage for. In our case choose Reliance Jio from the drop-down list.
- Then under ‘Explore Data Speeds’ choose the technology like 4G, 3G or 2G for which you need to check the coverage. For Reliance Jio you probably need to choose the 4G technology, as Jio is India’s first and only all IP network provider.
- Also, you need to choose the ‘Performance indicator’ for which you need to details for. There are options for ‘Download’, ‘Upload’ and ‘Coverage’ data. For our need choose the coverage option.
- Once you have selected the above options, the coverage map on side panel will be instantly updated. The map will show an overall view of the operator’s network coverage across India. In our case, you will get the network coverage of Reliance Jio across India.
- You can now further drill down the map by zooming in or pinpointing to your exact location via Pincode.
- The coverage map list down the signal strength in a specific area with color-coded markings.
- You can also check Reliance Jio’s or other operators 4G or 3G data download and upload speed in an area.
Do note that the results shown on the map only represent the average of the data speed samples collected from various users of TRAI MySpeed App. The data won’t be that accurate as operators own coverage map, like the Airtel’s Open Network initiative.