When the world eagerly waiting for the next flagship model Samsung Galaxy SIII and also the ICS update for its high-end smartphones, they’ve officially launched a budget Android smartphone in their Galaxy series, the Samsung Galaxy Pocket. Bearing a little 2.8-inch touch screen with a 240 x 320 resolution, Galaxy Pocket is powered by an 800MHz processor and runs on runs Android 2.3 with TouchWiz UI on top of it. The new Android handset have entry-level spec and it’s definitely aims towards the low-cost affordable smartphones in the market today.
Here’s what the small cutey Galaxy Pocket is packed with –
- 2.8-inch capacitive touch screen with a 240 x 320 (QVGA) resolution
- 832 MHz processor
- Android 2.3 OS
- Internet connectivity through HSDPA/3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- 2mega pixel rear camera
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 3GB internal memory and External expandable upto 32GB with microSD
- 1200 mAh Lithuim – ion battery
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0
- 3.5mm audio jack and the Stereo FM radio with RDS
The Galaxy Pocket will be available in the India probably in the 3rd quarter of this year, we currently don’t have any pricing details about Galaxy Pocket, but according to various sources the price will be less than the earlier announced Galaxy Y. We think Samsung Galaxy Pocket will be priced between Rs4550 to Rs 600o.
What do you think the pricing will be, for this cutey Android smartphone, do comment your views on it.