Android devices are becoming bigger and bigger in its display size and if it’s a flagship device then no doubt it will have a bigger display reaching out the phablet range. New entrant to this is range is the flagship device from LG Electronics – the all new LG G2 Android smartphone. Featuring 5.2 inch full HD IPS display, powered by a 2.26GHz Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 CPU, an 13 megapixel rear camera with OIS and running on Android 4.2.2.
LG G2 features a very thin body having only 2.65mm side bezel with a width of 2.7 inch making it comfortable to use with one hand. Another major design aspect derived from lots of research from LG is that it has placed all the buttons like power, volume buttons on the rear of the device, making it the first smartphone to be completely devoid of side buttons. Long-pressing on the rear-mounted volume keys allows users to launch QuickMemoTM and the camera and with KnockON, the LG G2 can be powered on simply by tapping twice on the display.
LG G2 has got a 5.2 inch Full HD IPS display with edge-to-edge design providing expansive viewing experience. LG G2 employs Graphic RAM (GRAM) technology which reduces the display’s energy use by up to 26 percent on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10 percent. On the hardware side its powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 quad Krait processor clocked at 2.26GHz with a 2GB RAM. It offers a 13 megapixel rear camera with OIS technology in a slim design without a protruding lens and a 2.1 megapixel front facing camera. Another interesting feature is that LG G2 got a 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound, far superior to a CD.
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display with 423 ppi (1080 x 1920 pixels)
- 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 featuring quad Krait CPU with 2GB RAM
- 16GB/323GB internal storage
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Rear 13.0 MP camera with OIS and Front 2.1MP camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, GPRS/EDGE, WiFi, NFC
- 3,000mAh Battery
On the software side it runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 mobile OS and will be soon upgradable to latest Android 4.3. LG has stuffed in lots of exclusive apps that improve the overall user experience, some of them include –
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link — Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
LG G2 will be available worldwide with over 130 carriers starting in South Korea followed by North America, Europe and other key markets.