Cheeka – the cute pug has returned to spread Vodafone’s SuperNet 4G campaign that offers seamless network experience, empowering customer with all time connected voice and data network.
India’s second largest telecom operator Vodafone India through its new ad campaign brings backs the much-loved mascot ‘Cheeka’ the pug, which symbolizes company’s network expanse and quality that reinforces the promise of staying always connected.
‘We are delighted to bring back our much-loved mascot ‘Cheeka’ the pug. Research has shown that the endearing Vodafone pug has had one of the most impactful and long-standing connects with the Vodafone brand symbolic with our network. Our communication strategy for this launch was to highlight the benefits of our seamless network and service experience and who better to announce it than ‘Cheeka’ the pug!’ commented Siddharth Banerjee, National Head, Brand Communication & Insights, Vodafone India.
To build Vodafone SuperNet, company has gone through a number of initiatives including –
- Around 30,000 towers (2G/3G/4G) setup to improve network coverage of both voice and data across the country
- Roll-out of 4G network on highly efficient 1800 MHz band
- 4G coverage across 5 telecom circles of Kerala, Karnataka, Mumbai, Delhi & NCR and Kolkata
- Global presence in more than 20 countries and 4G international roaming across 14 markets
- Expanding 3G network in 6 new telecom circles of Kerala, Karnataka, Rajasthan, UP West and Assam & North East
- Upgraded to all-IP technology that’s capable for even 5G network
- Around 160,000 km of high-capacity Fibre Backhaul for faster mobile internet
- Cisco’s SON (Self Optimizing Network) technology to deliver the superior mobile experience, improved voice call quality and reduced dropped calls.
Watch the pug in action –