The cricketing extravaganza is back – the Indian Premier League (IPL) Season 6, what would be better than getting real-time updates and interactive social experience on cricket directly on world’s popular social media Twitter. Twitter has partnered with Indian Premier League (IPL) to build exclusive applications and features that brings interactive experience to IPL Cricket, for the fans.
First of all Twitter has built a dedicated “Pepsi IPL 2013 Discover Page” (http://discover.twitter.com/IPL) that will help Cricket fans around the world to easily view/join the #PepsiIPL conversation, and to find, follow, and search for your favorite teams, cricketers, owners, personalities, celebrities and more. With just one click “Follow” for real-time updates, behind-the-scenes stories, exclusive photos, Vine videos, and more from the teams, players, and celebrities.
“Twitter brings you closer to the things you are passionate about – and for millions of fans worldwide, that’s cricket. We are pleased to see the IPL using Twitter to help fans users follow and connect with their favorite players, teams, and personalities,” said a Twitter spokesperson.
As always fans want’s get to know more inside news on IPL from their favorite cricketers and teams, for that Twitter has built Magic Mirror application which allow Cricketers and Celebrities to tweet out candid pictures with one click-through the @IPL account.
Twitter has also build some of the exclusive application and features on IPL official website (www.iplt20.com) that brings the whole social layer to the game. Some of the cool features includes –
- The Team Hashtag Battle – During Live ‘Match Centre,’ there will be hashtags for both teams (eg. #KKR and #DD). As the teams fight it out in the middle, their fans will indulge in a battle of hashtags to ensure that their favourite team triumphs on the popularity front.
- Live Tweet Counter: The ‘Match Centre’ has a counter that keeps rolling as people tweet anything related to the match, or the Pepsi IPL 2013.
- Top 10 Trends: There is a section on the homepage that ranks the Pepsi IPL 2013 teams on the basis of how talked about they are on Twitter. It will help fans track the overall Twitter popularity of their favourite team.
- The Loyalty corner: There will be a box on the homepage where the fans can announce their allegiance to a team on Twitter. All they need to do is select which team they support and hit ‘TWEET’.
- Pepsi IPL 2013 Conversation: There will be a box on the official website’s homepage, through which the fans can let the world know why they are excited about the Pepsi IPL 2013.
- Pepsi IPL 2013 Tweets: There will be a section on the official website that will feature tweets from the Pepsi IPL 2013 franchises, cricketers, commentators and administrators. The section will act as a fan’s one-stop destination to know what the ‘who’s who’ of the Pepsi IPL 2013 are talking about.
Interestingly Twitter will directly integrate Tweet Counter and Team Hashtag Battle to television production, with the support of a real-time data stream, and will be flashed on the TV screen during the live telecast of the Pepsi IPL 2013 matches. In addition TV viewers will be invited and encouraged to tweet and vine on the Pepsi IPL 2013, and the best tweets of the day will be picked, to be read out by the commentators on air.
Image Credit – BCCI