All of you know that Gtalk provides an option to set current music track as status message. But if u r using winamp 5.5 or higher versions of winamp, Gtalk always crashes when we choose the “Show current music track” status.To get rid of this pblm ,follow these steps.Hope it might be useful.
- Go to the root directory of Winamp, usually C:Program FilesWinamp
- Here create a new text document(default file would be like “New Text Document.txt”.)
- Now click Tools in Menu Bar, select Folder Options, click view option, and uncheck the box “Hide extensions for known file types”
- Rename the file “New Text Document.txt” to “winamp.m3u”
- Close both winamp and Gtalk
Reopen winamp and gtalk,now u can set current music track as status message.After this u can re-check the box “Hide extensions for known file types”