Chalo befikar, without getting worried about anything happening bad on a ride. One of India’s top ride haling app Ola has introduced Customer Trip Insurance for its riders. An industry first program, that offers commuters in-trip insurance cover of Rs 5 lacs as well as cover for missed flights, loss of baggage and much more.
Whether you’re travelling via Ola’s cabs, auto, kaali-peeli, or e-rickshaw, the company under the customer trip insurance program will offer an insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakhs for its riders. The in-trip insurance will mainly cover medical expenses, accidental cover, missed flights, loss of baggage or laptops, ambulance transportation cover, and much more. The insurance cover is currently being rolled out for customers in major metros. Within the coming weeks, the program will be scaled up to all cities, covering the entire Ola customer base.
You can opt for the Ola in-trip insurance cover starting at Rs 1 for all intra-city travel. Similarly, you need to pay an extra Rs 10 for Ola Rentals and Rs 15 for Ola Outstation rides to get the insurance coverage. Do note that the insurance coverage rate is for each ride you take on Ola Cabs.
How to avail Ola in-trip insurance program
- Head over to Ola mobile app and toggle the ‘Menu’.
- Under the app menu, click on your Profile (profile image).
- There, choose ‘Ride Insurance’ option and under this opt-in for the in-trip insurance. You could selectively opt-in insurance coverage for daily rides at Rs 1, Ola Rentals for Rs 10 and Ola Outstation for Rs 15.
- Once, you have given the consent for insurance coverage, the amount will be charged on all your future rides.
- You could also opt-out of the insurance coverage at any time, by following the same above steps.
Ola in-trip insurance coverage is provided in partnership with Acko General Insurance Ltd. Thus you could raise claims directly through Ola app or via Acko’s website, mobile app and, call center. Ola is also partnering with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Ltd to further enhance the in-trip insurance program.