The biggest social networking site just got BIGGER, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed today morning that the social media website has more than one billion active users each month. Thus more than 1 billion people around the world now actively uses the Facebook to share, chat, like actively with friends in a single month.
Mark Zuckerberg commented on his newsroom“If you’re reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving you. Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life.
I am committed to working every day to make Facebook better for you, and hopefully together one day we will be able to connect the rest of the world too.”
Facebook also shared some interesting facts on biggest social media site -
- Facebook reached 1 billion monthly active users on September 14 at 12.45 PM Pacific time.
- Over 1.13 trillion likes since launch in February 2009
- 140.3 billion friend connections
- 219 billion photos uploaded
- 17 billion location-tagged posts, including check-ins
- 62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times – that’s about 210,000 years of music
- The top five countries where people connected from at the time we reached this milestone were Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States
- Facebook now has 600M mobile users
It will be interesting to see how Google’s social media initiative Google+ catch up with this mass billion active users. Recently only Google reveled that it has more than 100 million active monthly users at Google+, that’s just 10times less activity compared to Facebook.