Now there is one more reason to love using FreeCharge, one of India’s leading digital mobile wallet application. Making it quick, simple and secure to send and receive money, FreeCharge has enabled BHIM UPI (Unified Payment Interface) on its application.
With UPI payments platform enabled on FreeCharge, you should able to quickly and securely, send money to your friends or family, request money from someone, pay online and offline to merchants and use BharatQR code to scan and pay via UPI.
Those who are still new to UPI, then its developed by the National Payments Corporations of India (NPCI). It’s a 24×7 instant payment method which allows instant, secure and convenient payment between bank accounts. Thus money transferred directly from one bank account to another, without the trouble of entering the long account number and IFSC code.
You can use all UPI based payment services in FreeCharge via activating its @freecharge UPI ID. For that, you need to verify your mobile number (that’s linked to your bank account), choose your bank and link it with the UPI ID (you can link multiple bank accounts to single UPI ID) and set a UPI security PIN, which will be used while sending payments.
FreeCharge BHIM UPI features
- Send money to any UPI ID or bank account + IFSC code.
- Request or receive money from other UPI account holders/apps.
- Pay for your purchases from online and offline merchants.
- Use BharatQR code to scan and pay, or request money through UPI.
- Instantly and directly transfer money to any bank account or pay merchants with no transaction fees. There is a daily limit of Rs 1 lakh.
- Don’t need to remember, enter or share your confidential bank account or card details to pay or request money.
- Link multiple bank account with a single @freecharge UPI ID.
Initially, FreeCharge will generate the UPI ID based on your mobile number (like [email protected]). However, you can easily edit that to your desired UPI ID from its settings. Also, the UPI payment services are available only to the FreeCharge android app.
One more thing, as UPI payments are happening directly happening from one bank account to another, you can’t use the money in your FreeCharge balance to someone. However, you can use the FreeCharge balance in congestion with UPI payment while recharging or paying bills on its platform.