WhatsApp recently rolled out a feature that lets you share location in real time with friends and family. This feature is end-to-end encrypted and lets you control who all should get it and for how long. After being acquired by Facebook, this instant messaging app has grown a lot adding voice calls, video calls, status and more. Let’s see more on this new feature from the team.
How To Share Your Live Location On Whatsapp
- Open the chat with a person or a group.
- Tap on attach the clip and choose a location.
- Select “Share Live Location” if enabled.
- Add a comment and choose for how long to share.
- You can also stop location sharing before the time runs out.
In the case of WhatsApp group if more than one person is sharing the location, then all the live locations will be visible on the same map. In case, if you don’t remember the groups to which you shared the live location, do the following.
- Visit WhatsApp setting by clicking three dots on the top right.
- Select Account and then choose Privacy.
- You’ll see the list of groups under Live Location.
- Select Stop sharing as you wish.
The accuracy of your location will vary depending on the setting on your device viz device only and high accuracy. With this new feature, you can let your loved ones know you’re safe, or share your commute. However, real-time location sharing will drain your battery to an extent but no severe impact though.
Live location sharing is already available on other platforms like Messenger, Google Maps, Telegram etc. But, with WhatsApp which has an ever-growing user base, this feature will reach more audience. This facility is currently being rolled out to iOS and Android. Post installation of the app, it might take some time for the feature to get activated. Hope you enjoyed the article, Peace!