Still playing with the old 2G or 3G phones? Time to upgrade and if you’re with India’s leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel, then you would get some free perks to do so. The telecom operator has announced a new offer for its existing customers, where they will get free 30GB of data on upgrading to a 4G smartphone.
Actually, the new scheme from Airtel is to offer free data for the first month, when you upgrade to any 4G phone. If you’re existing Airtel customer using a 2G or 3G smartphone/feature phone and upgrading to a 4G smartphone then you’re eligible for this offer.
Once you upgraded your old 2G/3G phone for a 4G smartphone then Airtel will offer free 30GB of data for a month usage. Airtel Prepaid customers would get free 1GB of data per day for 30 days. This free data is over and above any pack or plan recharge, you do. While Airtel’s Postpaid customers will get free 30GB of data on their first bill cycle. Also, any unused data of a month will be carry forwarded to your next bill cycles.
How to avail Airtel 30GB data on new 4G Phone
- Existing, Airtel 2G/3G phone users need to upgrade to any 4G phone (new or old).
- Once upgraded, call at 5111 to register the request for free data. Or, you could also claim the free data benefits via MyAirtel app.
- Within 24 hours, free data offer will be activated for eligible customers.
- Prepaid users will get 1GB per day for 30 days.
- Postpaid customers will get 30GB for the first bill cycle. Unused data will be added back to the next month data with a maximum limit of 200GB.
The above freebie on 4G phone upgrade is also part of Airtel’s Mera Pehla Smartphone initiative. Under this initiative, the telco is partnering with a number of mobile vendors to make affordable 4G smartphones. The telco already offers cashback of up to Rs 2000 on most of the 4G smartphones launched in India.