Twitter, the popular social media site goes for a profile redesign on users and brand pages with the introduction of ‘header photo’. The new cover photo resembles that of Facebook or Google+ cover photo which appears above users Tweets.
Users can upload an all-new header photo on mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android or web-based twitter.com, and the same header image will appear whenever anyone views their profile on the web or these apps. The header photo keeps users profile simple and consistent on iPhone, iPad and Android. Twitter is still keeping the background image which users can upload to complement their header and profile photos.
How to change header photo :
- First sign in to your account.
- Go to your Settings and click on the Design tab, then scroll down to the customize your own section.
- Click on Change Header to upload a new header photo or remove your existing header photo (file to be minimum dimensions of 1252 x 626 and must be smaller than 5MB).
- You’ll see a notification that your image has successfully been published to your profile.
- Just go to your profile and enjoy the new profile design.
According to Sachin Agarwal, Product Manager Twitter, “the new profiles also help you get to know people better through their pictures. Photo streams now appear below anyone’s most recent Tweets on iPhone, Android and iPad. Swipe through the stream to see the photos other users have shared or tap any thumbnail to view their photos in full screen.”
Do you like the new design charges from Twitter? Do comment your views.