Quite often people like to enjoy their leisure time by being on a number of social networks around. Also, there is a lot of activity on video sharing websites. YouTube is probably the largest video sharing website present around which allows users to view, upload and share videos. It was founded in 2005 and a year after that was bought by Google and now operates under it. Registered users are allowed to upload unlimited videos while unregistered users can only enjoy viewing any video present in YouTube’s database.
Anyone spending considerable time on YouTube along with other social networking websites may want to interlink all these activities to each other. With this state of mind, YouTube provides its users the added flexibility of sharing their videos and other activities on YouTube automatically on social networking sites like Google Reader, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
In order to connect as well as automatically share videos on Facebook, a step wise guideline is provided here which is very simple and basic.
How to Share YouTube videos on Facebook automatically
- The first and foremost step is to create an account on YouTube. If you don’t have one, create a YouTube account then sign in to your account.
- The top right corner of the menu bar will display the user name, i.e. your account name, with a drop down button being displayed alongside it. In the drop down menu, there is the option of “Account”.
- On clicking this option, account setting window will appear. Going through the options present in the left side of this window, there will be the option of “Activity Sharing”.
- A box with settings will appear on clicking this option. It has a check option saying “Yes, allow a selected set of my activities to be viewable”. There is a list of activities present with check boxes. You can check the options the way you like. For example, there are options of upload a video, favorite a video, like a video etc. and if the option of “like a video” is checked, the corresponding activity when performed on YouTube will be automatically shared on Facebook and other social networks.
- In this box, there are options provided on which the above checked activities are to be shared. The option of “connect accounts” must be clicked for activity sharing on Facebook.
- By clicking this option, a new window will open depicting both Facebook and YouTube accounts being linked as well as asking for confirmation. It has a “connect” button and has to be clicked for connecting these accounts.
- The final step of this simple procedure for sharing YouTube videos automatically on Facebook is the authorization process which allows YouTube account to access Facebook Wall and news feed.
With this, both YouTube and Facebook accounts get connected. Following this procedure all the activities performed on YouTube like commenting on a video, uploading a video, liking a video will automatically appear on Facebook in the form of news feed.
Crystal J. Briscoe is from Self Test Engine.