Your Samsung smartphone would live longer with all freshness you expect from Android. The South Korean mobile vendor has guaranteed three generations of Android OS upgrade to existing and upcoming Galaxy smartphones and tablets.
Close to 40 already released Samsung Galaxy smartphones and Galaxy Tabs will get up-to-date Android operating system. These devices will also get Android’s regular (monthly and quarterly) security updates along with updates for Samsung Knox – the defence-grade end-to-end security platform and other proprietary app features updates.
The three years guaranteed Android OS update would also be applicable to new launches of Samsung Galaxy line-up. This includes Samsung’s Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Z, Galaxy Tab S and selected range of Galaxy A series of devices.
“As people hold onto their devices for longer, we are working to bring secure protection and exciting new features to the devices already in their hands. By supporting up to three generations of Android OS upgrade, we are extending the lifecycle of our Galaxy products and making a promise that we will provide a simple and secure mobile experience that takes advantage of the latest innovations as soon as they are available,” said Janghyun Yoon, Senior VP and Head of Software Platform Team, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
Samsung Galaxy Devices with 3-year Guaranteed Updates
Samsung has shared the list of all eligible Galaxy devices which come under the company’s promise of three years guaranteed Android OS upgrade. This include:
- Galaxy S series: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 Lite and upcoming S series devices
- Galaxy Note series: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 Lite and upcoming Note series devices.
- Galaxy Foldable Z series: Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Fold and upcoming Galaxy Z series devices.
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A90 5G and select upcoming A series devices.
- Galaxy Tablets: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G3, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G4, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite and upcoming Tab S series devices.
Samsung would also try to upgrade its other Galaxy devices with the latest Android OS version until the hardware specifications support an optimized mobile experience.