Samsung are known for their beautiful AMOLED displays that delivers a wider range of rich and crisp colors. Company has unveiled Galaxy Tab S tablets that’s build on this WQXGA Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels. It delivers more than 90% of Adobe RGB color coverage and has a remarkable 100,000:1 contrast ratio which provides deeper and more realistic images by making blacks darker and whites brighter.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S comes in two screen sizes the 10.5 inch display and 8.4 inch display, but carries the exact same hardware specification. Both tablets are built to look modern and sleek, and offers a choice of several fashionable and practically designed custom accessories.
On the hardware side both tablets is powered by a Exynos 5 Octa processor that includes 1.9 GHz QuadCore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore processors or a 2.3 GHz Quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor depending up on the market. It’s paired with 3GB of RAM and include 16GB or 32GB internal storage that can be extended up to 128GB using microSD card. On the rear it got a 8 megapixel camera with LED Flash and on the front a 2.1 megapixel full HD camera. On the connectivity side Galaxy Tab S supports 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth v4.0 and IrLED.
The tablets run on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Samsung’s Magazine UI on top. It includes a bunch of productivity features like Call Forwarding feature via SideSync 3.0, Quick Connect, Multi User Mode, Fingerprint Scanner just like Samsung Galaxy S5 and Kids’ Mode. Samsung has also included its exclusive application like, Papergarden – a digital interactive magazine app, Galaxy Gifts – ultimate home, work, and play entertainment experience through premium content and services across a wide range of industries.
- 8.4inch 2560×1600(WQXGA) Super AMOLED or 10.5inch 2560×1600(WQXGA) Super AMOLED display
- Exynos 5 Octa (1.9 GHz QuadCore ? 1.3 GHz Quadcore) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.3 GHz Quadcore CPU with 3GB RAM
- Android Kitkat (4.4) with Samsung Magazine UI
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage, expandable using microSD card
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 2.1MP front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, IrLED
- 4,900mAh (Galaxy Tab S 8.4inch) or 7,900mAh(Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch)battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets will be available in selected markets from June 26th 2014 at a price tag of $399 (Rs 24,000 approximately) for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and $499 (Rs 30,000 approximately) for the Galaxy Tab S 10.5.