The worthy successor of GALAXY S III is here, Samsung in an event held at New York unveiled the fourth generation GALAXY S, the GALAXY S 4. Packed with powerful Octa-Core CPU, 5 inch full HD Super AMOLED touch display, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with lots of extra spicy addons and comes with lots of Samsung innovative goodies like Eye tracking, Dual Camera, Air Gesture and Air View.
Samsung GALAXY S 4 crafted in a light 130g and slim 7.9mm shape housing a larger screen size and battery. It features world’s first 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with 441ppi providing perfect color reproduction and stunning view quality which is also Glove friendly. It’s powered by 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor or a 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor (depending on the market) with 2GB RAM. GALAXY S 4 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear camera that boasts a ‘Dual Camera’ function that allows simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras and in the front it has a 2 Mega pixel camera that support full HD recording. It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean with latest TouchWiz UI on top and carries some exclusive gesture and tracking features.
- 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor with 2GB RAM (1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor in some market)
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) with TouchWiz UI
- 13 Mega pixel rear camera and 2 Mega pixel front camera
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC connectivity
- 16/ 32/ 64 GB User internal storage and external storage with microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture Sensors
- Samsung KNOX, S Travel, Samsung Hub, ChatON, Samsung WatchON, S Voice Drive and S Healt
- 2,600 mAh Battery
Galaxy S4 Camera enhancements –
- Dual Camera – function that allows simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras.
- Dual Video Call – function enables to make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what users are looking at during the call.
- Drama Shot – allows to shoot continuously in time-lapse, which can take up to 100 photos in 4 seconds, and overlays them into one.
- Sound & Shot – uniquely stores sound and voice together as the picture is taken
- Story Album – Photos taken by the GALAXY S 4 are automatically gathered and sorted out according to your timeline, geo-tagging information, or a specific event to create a photo album
- Eraser – Easily remove unwanted objects from your shot
Galaxy S4 gesture, eye tracking and ‘S‘ features –
- Samsung Smart Pause – enables user to control the screen by where they look. When watching a video, the video pauses when you look away then it starts right up again when you are back.
- Samsung Smart Scroll – scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen, it recognizes user face looking at the screen and movement of user wrist and then scroll the pages up or down accordingly.
- Air View – allows preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video by just hovering fingers over it.
- Air Gesture – with a wave of hand, user can accept a call, can change the music track or scroll up and down a web page
- Samsung WatchON – GALAXY S 4 will transform into an IR remote to control home entertainment system including TV, set-top box, DVD player and even air conditioner.
- Samsung Optical Reader – automatically recognizing text, a business card or QR code information, and providing useful functions such as translation, call, text message and search.
- S Voice Drive – activate commands via voice control for optimization when driving
- S Health – with specific accessories in place users can easily check their health conditions using food diary, exercise diary and sleep monitor to stay fit and healthy.
- Share Music – Plays the same song on multiple devices in real-time.
- Samsung Adapt Display – provides an optimal viewing experience, customized for each type of application
- Samsung Adapt Sound – offers an optimal level and type of sound, personalized for each user.
That’s much for the ‘The Next Big Thing’, Galaxy S4 will be avialable from April 2013 in most of the countries.