Indians really love the open source Android platform, with availability of affordable low-cost smartphones the adoption to Android is very high. Opera mini is one of the top mobile browser for Android and India is home to the largest number of Opera Mini users in the world. Opera software has released a special State of the Android Mobile Web report which analyze the browsing behavior of Opera Mini users on Android in India. Some of the interesting findings from the report include –

Samsung and Facebook rules in India - Opera State of the Android Mobile Web in India
  • Facebook becomes the most popular website with 21.7% of all data used by Opera Mini’s Android users, followed by Google at 5.8% and ESPNcricinfo at 1.7%. 72.9% of total pages viewed by Indian Opera Mini users are for Facebook.
  • News and Information related website are most visited by Opera Mini’s Indian Android users with 28%, followed by E-commerce websites with 17% and content downloads related sites with 13%., and rediff.ccom are the top three News sites visited by Opera Mini users. In Travel category as always Indianrail’s sites Indian,, and are most visited ones.
  • Nine out of the top 10 Android handsets used to access the web via Opera Mini are from Samsung. A further breakdown of the top-100 Android devices of Indian Opera Mini users confirms Samsung’s leading position, with a 31% market share, followed by Sony at 23% and Micromax at 15%. Interestingly each of the top-10 Android devices cost less than Rs. 10,000.
  • Around 94% of Opera Mini Android users are Male and remaining 6% are only Female. Typical Opera Mini Android user in India – Male, between 18 to 24 years of age, lives in an urban area, attends college or works as a full-time employee and surfs the web from his mobile device for at least one hour every day.
Opera State of the Android Mobile Web in India

You're currently offline