GTA V trailer released earlier this week confirmed that the game will be set in San Andreas and the protagonist to be an African American in his early 30s. According to leaked tweets the game’s location is more specifically in Los Santos, its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches. GTA 5 would be the largest and the most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created. Los Santos itself will be four times the size of GTAIV’s Liberty City and this doesn’t include the surrounding countryside and farmland that featured in the trailer.
Read the leaks and don’t forget to watch the trailer at the end of post.
Leaked Details Of GTA V
- Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.
- The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.
- Weapons include the usual arsenal you’d aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/building to use as a weapon. There is also a museum where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.
- It is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.
- Mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triathlons, water races, canoeing, ab-sailing, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.
- Character customization is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can’t be altered by race, age, height, etc.
- Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neighborhood houses.
- No children NPC at all. Ever.
- There is now an ability to grab people and use as shields or in “hostage” situations.
- The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.
- You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.
- You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.
- Certain weapons can be customizable and some even home-made.
- One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game…
- Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.
- GTAV will also feature animals, both wild and domestic, from dogs to cattle.
GTA V Trailer
Rockstar parent Take-Two calls GTA V “a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based game-play and online multiplayer,” while confirming that its story will focus on “the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California.”
The release date of GTAV has not yet been announced.