Reliance Jio is keeping the top spot in terms of 4G download speeds in India by offering an average download speed of 16.487 Mbps. That’s almost double the average download speed offered by other telcos including Airtel, Idea Cellular and Vodafone India.
According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), MySpeed Portal data as on 28th February 2017, Idea Cellular stands second with an average download speed of 8.331 Mbps. Whereas India’s top telecom operator, Airtel only got the third spot with an average download speed of 7.665 Mbps.
This results should invoke fresh battle with Reliance Jio and Airtel over the latter’s claim of India’s fastest network. But it to be noted that Ookla findings on which Airtel is raising this claim are based on the results from Q3 and Q4 2016. Recently, advertising industry watchdog ASCI has asked Airtel to withdraw or modify the advertisement.
TRAI MySpeed report till 28th February 2017
- Reliance Jio got the highest average download speed with 16.487 Mbps. But it’s almost 1 Mbps less than previous months 17.427 Mbps.
- On the second spot, we have Idea Cellular averaging 8.331 Mbps download speed. Whereas Airtel still in the third spot with 7.665 Mbps.
- When checking upload speed, Idea cellular beats out everyone with an average upload speed of 4.434 Mbps.
- Reliance Jio stands second with an average download speed of 3.581 Mbps. That’s an improvement compared to last months 2.208 Mbps average download speed, taking the telco two spots up.
- Vodafone India in the third spot with 3.403 Mbps average upload speed. Whereas Airtel stands fourth with average download speed of 3.182 Mbps.
If you are new to TRAI MySpeed Portal, then its uses data shared by users using its TRAI MySpeed App. It lets you explore the network coverage and mobile internet speed across different telecom operators pinpointed to your exact location. This will help you to find the telecom operator offering speediest mobile internet connection in your area.