Well after a year of test driving the service, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has finally launched the much awaited Reliance Jio 4G LTE network. If you are thinking you have missed the super exclusive Jio Preview offer which was available for almost every smartphone brands like Samsung, Apple, LG, Asus, Micromax and more, then you are wrong.
Reliance Jio just renamed the ‘Jio 4G preview offer’ to ‘Jio Welcome Offer’. Under this, new users with any 4G LTE capable smartphone can get the free Jio 4G SIM. You still need to download the MyJio app from Google Play or Apple iTunes to generate the offer code.
Bundled with the Jio SIM are the access to unlimited 4G LTE data, unlimited free voice and video calling and unlimited messaging services. In addition, you will also get unlimited access to a full bouquet of Jio apps and contents.
Till when this going to be free? Well, all the unlimited offers will be valid until 31st December 2016 and after that, you need to choose any of the ten Jio plans starting at Rs 19.
Jio Welcome Offer Tariff
- Offer open to any 4G LTE capable device (like iPhone’s, Redmi, OnePlus, Samsung devices).
- Free Reliance Jio 4G SIM.
- Unlimited 4G LTE data benefits (up to 4 GB of 4G LTE data benefits per day and then FUP limited to 128Kbps rest of the day).
- Unlimited voice minutes to anywhere in India to any telecom network.
- Free Messaging (maximum 100 SMS per day).
- Free unlimited access to Jio’s suite of apps – including Jio Play, JioChat, JioOnDemand, JioBeats, JioMags, JioXpressNews, JioDrive, JioJoin, JioMoney, JioSecurity, and JioNews.
- Offer valid till 31st December 2016.
Excited enough? so now how to get a new Jio 4G connection and activate the Jio Welcome Offer. Reliance Jio will open up the floodgates for its free Jio SIM bundled with the unlimited data and voice on 5th September 2016.
This time also, you need to download the MyJio app and generate the QR Code for your device. Carry the offer code along with an identity proof (preferably Aadhaar) to any Reliance Digital store and get the free Jio 4G SIM with welcome offer activated within 15 minutes.
How to get & active Jio Welcome Offer
- First, make sure you have a Jio compatible 4G LTE smartphone to put the Jio 4G SIM.
- Download the MyJio app (Google Play or Apple iTunes). On opening the app, click on the ‘Get Jio sim’ button on the home banner.
- Visit the nearest Reliance Digital, Digital Xpress or Digital Xpress mini stores.
- Carry all the valid documents including address and identification proof along with passport size photo.
- Preferably use Aadhaar, as Jio accepts digital e-KYC Aadhaar card verification and you can get the Jio SIM activated within 15 minutes.
- Once you have a Jio 4G SIM, insert it to your 4G smartphone.
- Fully activate the Jio 4G SIM by calling 1977.
- Once your Jio 4G SIM is activated, open up the MyJio App and register to avail the Jio Welcome Offer.
Do note that your 4G smartphone should support any of the three Reliance Jio 4G bands – BAND 5 LTE FDD (850 Mhz), BAND 3 LTE FDD (1800 Mhz) and BAND 40 LTE TDD (2300 Mhz). If your mobile supports VoLTE then you can make HD-quality voice and video calls, otherwise, you will only get 4G LTE data service.
Starting from first, Reliance Jio started offering free Jio SIM cards and 4G preview offer with LYF branded smartphones. This offer was then extended to selected Samsung, LG, Apple iPhones, Asus, Panasonic, TCL, Alcatel, Gionee, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn, Sony, Videocon, Sansui, and Micromax & YU devices. Then the company started offering JioFi 4G MiFi hotspot device without an invite which also comes bundled with Jio 4G preview offer.