Well, it seems the second-generation JioFi 2 4G MiFi hotspot device got sold out pretty soon. Thanks for the commercial launch of Reliance Jio and the Jio Welcome offer, which comes with unlimited voice calls, 4G LTE data benefits and messaging.
Reliance Jio has now silently introduced a new JioFi 4G wireless hotspot device which comes with OLED display, a bigger battery and matte finish. With limited availability in selected cities across India, the new JioFi device got the same price tag of Rs 1999.
Reliance Jio’s new JioFi 4G wireless hotspot device got a larger body with a matte finish. That’s a welcome change as the older JioFi 2 MiFi hotspot device came with a glossy finish that attracted lots of scratches.
Coming to the big changes, the new JioFi device now boasts an OLED display instead of the flashing colourful LED lights. The display shows the battery percentage, Jio 4G signal strength and WiFi status. The device also has a micro USB port which you can use it for charging as well as USB tethering.
The new JioFi device also carries a slightly bigger battery of 2,600mAh as compared to 2,300mAh battery found in JioFi2 device. The company claims the battery can offer up to five hours of usage and up to 260 hours of standby. Well, you can charge up the device within 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The new JioFi device also supports microSD card, which you can use to share files commonly across all connected device. The device can connect up to 10 WiFi devices at a time and one device using USB. Well, that’s coming down from the earlier 31 device support by the JioFi 2 device. You can also download the Jio4GVoice (previously JioJoin) app on your smartphone to make VoLTE HD voice and video calls.
Thanks to Twitter user Raghvendra (@IamRaghvendraS) who has shared pictures of the new JioFi devices.
How to activate Jio Welcome offer on JioFi device
- First, you need the purchase the new JioFi 4G WiFi hotspot device from any of the Reliance Digital and Dx Mini stores.
- Fill up the CAF (customer acquisition form) and provide them with valid documents including address and identification proof along with passport size photo.
- Get the free Jio 4G SIM
- Once you have a Jio 4G SIM, insert it into the same JioFi device.
- Activate by calling 18008901977 from any alternate mobile number and verify your details.
- Once your Jio 4G SIM is activated you will be also entitled to the Jio welcome offer valid till 31st December 2016.
- To make VoLTE voice call, download the Jio4GVoice (previously JioJoin) app from the app store on your mobile.
The new JioFi 4G wireless hotspot device supports all three Reliance Jio 4G LTE bands – BAND 5 LTE FDD (850 Mhz), BAND 3 LTE FDD (1800 Mhz) and BAND 40 LTE TDD (2300 Mhz).