As a trailer of what’s coming next, the telecom arm of Reliance Industries, Reliance Jio Infocomm which also hold the pan India 4G LTE network licence has launched its home-grown instant messaging and calling app – Jio Chat.
Packing enormous features that you usually find in different messaging apps to a single bundle with Jio Chat. It packs the basic instant messaging, group chats, stickers, free SMS, voice & video calling, conference calling and even brands & Celebrities Channels to engage.
Jio Chat is a telecom network independent messaging app, so you can use it with any Indian service provider and not restricted to yet to be announced Reliance Jio network. The messaging app is available for free download on Google Play and Apple iTunes.
Some of the highlighted features Jio Chat include –
- Works with any network (2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi) and telecom operator
- Instant messaging with rich stickers, emoticons, doodles, pictures, videos, and audio.
- Free 100 SMS per month for non Jio chat mobile numbers
- Voice and Video calling (VoIP service)
- Audio & video Conferencing
- Privacy options with location sharing and status sharing
- Offline chatting
- Brand & Celebrities channels where you can follow them to get latest news, updates, and special offers.