To keep up with the ever-increasing subscriber base and subsequent data explosion, Indian telecom operator Reliance Jio has deployed Ciena’s multi-terabit converged packet optical solutions. It will power Jio’s pan-India 4G network offering an operating speed up to 200 Gb per second.
The operator has deployed Ciena’s 6500 and 5430 Packet-Optical Platforms, powered by WaveLogic coherent technology. This provides ultra-high bandwidth services across Jio’s entire 4G LTE network. The core network connects all major cities of India, which is already carrying more than 85 percent of the total data traffic carried through Indian telecom networks. The newly deployed network further scales the network for new subscriber additions.
Some key facts in the deployment
- Reliance Jio is world’s largest greenfield all-IP, video-ready network.
- The newly deployed network makes Jio one of the world’s largest multi-terabit networks.
- Ciena-enabled OneConnect restoration helps during unexpected fiber route failures. It restores the failure by autonomously choosing a divergent path that provides higher uptime.
- Robust scalability to offer new levels of data consumption and supreme level of network’s reliability.
- Ciena’s coherent technological offerings and control plane technology is helping to make Jio the fastest growing 4G network in the world.