The free ride is ending really soon. The free unlimited voice calls, SMS and data (with a limit, though) you are enjoying with Reliance Jio Happy New Year offer will end on 31st March 2017. Starting 1st April 2017 as a Jio subscriber you will have to switch to any of the ten tariff plans. Tariff plans start as low as Rs 19 to all way up to Rs 4,999 for both Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers. Keeping up its promise, on all Jio tariff plan, all domestic voice calls to any network will be free. There will be also no roaming charges and no blackout day.
Now if you can’t lose the freebies you are currently enjoying then Reliance Jio has come up with ‘Jio Prime Membership‘. For an annual payment of Rs 99, you can continue to get the free unlimited voice, SMS and data under the Happy New Year Offer extended to another 12 months or till 31st March 2018. But there is another clause also, you will also need to pay additional Rs 303 per month to avail the unlimited benefits. That brings down the cost to Rs 10 per day for free unlimited voice, SMS and data (with a limit of 1GB per day). In addition, prime members will also get full bouquet of Jio’s app free for one year.
Other announcements from Mukesh Ambani on Jio
- Within 170 days of Reliance Jio commercial launch, the operator has crossed 100 million customer mark on its 4G LTE network.
- Jio is adding on average, nearly 7 customers on its network every second of every day.
- Looking into the usage pattern, Jio subscribers are consuming more than 100 crore GB of data per month on its network. Breaking it down, that’s more than 3.3 crore GB of data per day. That when compared, Reliance Jio users consume as much data as the entire USA, and 50 percent more than all of China.
- Reliance Jio subscribers have made more than 200 crore minutes of voice and data calls every day, out of which nearly 5.5 crore hours are video data. That makes Jio one of the largest mobile video networks globally.
- In around six months, Jio has more than double the number of 4G base stations setup, when compared to all the other Indian operators put together.
- Jio provides an average speed of 9.8 Mbps as against incumbents range of 4.2 to 5.9 Mbps
- The operator will match the highest selling tariff of other telecom operators and provide 20 percent more data than what other operators provide.
- Jio subscriber till 31st March 2017 who wish to extend their Happy New Year Offer until 31st March 2018 can join the Jio Prime Membership.