If you are an active Reliance BIG TV or Reliance Digital TV subscriber, you may have heard the news about the service is shutting down by November 2017. The company is yet to reveal the details of its winding down operation, however, it has started the process of migrating its subscriber to other DTH providers.
Reliance Digital TV has announced a tie-up with its competitor DTH provider TATA Sky. Under this partnership, Reliance Digital TV subscribers can migrate their connection to Tata Sky free of cost.
The best part, your Reliance Digital TV account balance if any will also be transferred and added to your new Tata Sky account. It’s one important thing, as many Reliance Digital TV subscribers have added thousands of rupees to their account as an advance rental. So, it can now be moved to your Tata Sky account safely.
To get started with migration, Reliance Digital TV subscribers need to give a missed call on 92370 92370 before 18th November 2017. Within next 72 hours, a Tata Sky representative will contact them and will offer a free migration to Tata Sky DTH network. You will get a free Tata Sky HD set top box provided you hand over the old Reliance Digital TV STB to the technician. The entire setup and installation process will be done free of charge.
Once you have been migrated, any Reliance Digital TV account balance will also be carried over to the new Tata Sky DTH connection within 7 days. However, for full activation of your Tata Sky DTH connection, you may need to select and activate one of their channel packages. The base channel pack from Tata Sky starts at Rs 99. You can also choose your channels and make your own customised DTH package with TruChoice DTH packages.
How to migrate from Reliance Digital TV to Tata Sky
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers need to give a missed call on 92370 92370 before 18th November 2017.
- One of the Tata Sky representatives will contact them for the migration.
- Setup and installation of new Tata Sky connection will be done free of charge.
- You will also get a free Tata Sky HD set top box in replacement for your old Reliance Digital TV set-top box.
- If you need multi-TV connection, then you may have to pay for the additional STB.
- Your Reliance Digital TV account balance will be transferred to your new Tata Sky connection within 7 days.
Reliance Group is axing down the Reliance Digital TV division who’s license expires this November 18th. The main reason being the heavy debt of around Rs 47,000 crore, forcing the company not to renew its license. Around 1.3 million subscribers under its 5 million subscriber base will be affected by this sudden shutdown of the operation.