Release dates for the new generation consoles, PS4 and Xbox One are fast approaching. Rumors about the gaming consoles have been surfacing in the media and web for the past few months. We all are sure that, the developers Sony and Microsoft will never fail in satisfying the gamers around the world with their newest gaming rigs. The consoles have been codenamed Orbis-Playstation 4, and Durango-Xbox One, by the developers. The gaming world have been revolutionized by these consoles since their inception. Listed below are the latest revealed and leaked specs of the PS4 and Xbox One.
Play Station 4 (Orbis)
Xbox One (Durango)
|Computing Power||1.84 Teraflops||1.23 Teraflops|
|Processor||8 Core, 1.6 GHz,Jaguar Micro-Architecture||8 Core x64, 1.6 GHz|
|GPU||Radeon HD (AMD R10xx)||Radeon HD 8770 GPU (800 Mhz)|
|RAM||8GB GDDR5||8 GB DDR3(3 GB for OS and 5 GB for games and apps)|
|HDD||160GB (Rumored)||Sata 2.0|
|Optical Drive(Read only)||50 GB 6x Blu-ray drive|
- Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
- Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) ?AUX
|USB 3.0,Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi direct|
|Video & Audio||Equipped with HDMI, analog and digital(optical) output 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 channels.||HDMI 1.4a, 3D over HDMI, 4k resolution, voice recognition.|
- New DualShock 4 with capacitive touchpad and motion-sensing capabilities, USB (Micro B), Extension Port, Stereo Headset Jack.
- PlayStation 4 Eye.
|Kinect 2.0 (1920×1080 camera, a 512×424 IR depth sensor, and the ability to track 25 different joints on six people at a time- rumored)|
- The DualShock 4 controller includes a “SHARE button”. Pressing this button allows the player to cycle through the last several minutes of gameplay to select a clip appropriate for sharing. Video can be uploaded directly from the console, either to websites, or another PlayStation Network user.
- Gamers can live stream their games via services such as Ustream. Friends can comment and help out.
The PlayStation 4 home screen will include personalized content from friends.
- PlayStation 4 will support multiple simultaneous user logins, with different controllers being linked to different accounts. This setup could allow, for example, multiple users to earn achievements when playing the same game on the same console.
- Play session will be saved in RAM and updates will now happen in the background.
- Controller design is almost similar to 360’s. The directional pad has a more traditional design compared to previous Xbox controllers, and the battery compartment is slimmer. The triggers have built-in rumble system called “Impulse Triggers”
- Media inter-connectivity: allows instant and simultaneous access to movies, live TV, music, and Internet Explorer.
- Skype integration with voice control.
- Xbox Live with upgraded cloud storage and live servers.
- Set-top box integration: Users can navigate and watch live TV from your cable, telco or satellite set-top box connected through your Xbox One.
- No, you won’t be able to play ps2/ps3 games in ps4 (rumored).
- Update: PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games can be played via their streaming service.
|The Xbox One will not be backward compatible with Xbox 360 content, as the systems use different core architectures.|
|Pricing||$400-450 (approx)|| $400-430 (approx)|
|Release Date||February 20, 2013 (launched)(Q4 2013)|| To be announced|
Disclaimer: All the specs mentioned above are rumored, they might vary when the actual product comes out .