People always love to get high-end innovative features on their mobile phones, with an affordable price tag. Nokia does that with the launch of two affordable windows phone 8 running Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 along with two low-priced feature phones Nokia 301 and Nokia 105.
“The momentum behind Nokia is gathering pace. The launches today reflect our commitment to broadening our devices and services portfolio to meet the demands of people and businesses around the globe.” commented Stephen Elop, Nokia CEo during the launch party at MWC 2013.
Nokia Lumia 720
Sleek and stylish Windows Phone 8 smartphone Nokia Lumia 720 is designed with young audience in mind. Nokia is bringing-in lots of features from its flagship smartphones to Lumia 720. The main attraction of Lumia 720 is the exclusive Carl Zeiss optics which is normally reserved for flagship smartphones along with an incredible f/1.9 aperture, allowing more light to get into the camera. It also boasts an HD front-facing camera with a wide-angle lens. It come pre-loaded with exclusive Nokia apps which include global HERE Maps, LiveSight, Nokia Music +, Glam Me and place tag. Summarizing the feature of Nokia Lumia 720 –
- 4.3 inch ClearBlack WVGA LCD, 2.25 D Glass, Super Sensitive Touch
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 1.0 GHz MSM8227 CPU with 512MB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage and External storage with microSD Card Slot
- 6.7 MPIX Carl Zeiss lens rear camera and 1.3MP HD front-facing camera
- GSM/EDGE, 3G/HSPA+, NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- 2000 mAh battery
- Colours – White, Red, Yello, Cyan & Black
Lumia 720 will be available for about €249 (roughly Rs 17,000) and rolling out from March 2013.
Nokia Lumia 520
Bringing the price point further down Lumia 520, is the most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone from Nokia. It features a super sensitive touch 4 inch IPS LCD display and powered by 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon processor with 512MB RAM. It carries a 5 megapixel autofocus rear camera that supports HD 720p video recording at 30fps. It comes with exchangeable back shells, so you can change the cover to yellow, red, cyan, white or black as per your situation. It also come pre-loaded with exclusive Nokia apps which include global HERE Maps, LiveSight, Nokia Music +, Glam Me and place tag. Summarizing the feature of Nokia Lumia 520 –
- 4 inch IPS LCD WVGA Super sensitive touch display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
- 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon CPU with 512MB RAM
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 5Mp rear camera
- 8 GB internal memory and external memeory with microSD cards
- GSM/EDGE, 3G/HSPA+, WLAN (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- 1430mAh battery
- Colours – Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
Lumia 520 will be available for about €139 (roughly Rs 9,800) and rolling out from March 2013. Arriving first in Hong Kong and Vietnam, and soon to other markets around Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Nokia 301 is designed in traditional ‘candybar’ format with colour palette familiar on Lumia smartphones. It features a smart 3.2-megapixel camera, with features inspired by Nokia digital lenses. It can take panoramic photographs as well as sequential shot, which takes 3-5 frames and lets user choose the perfect picture. It’s a Dual SIM and supports 3.5G Internet, coupled with the Nokia Xpress Browser providing up to 90% data compression, for fast and smooth browsing. It comes pre-loaded with Facebook, eBuddy, WhatsApp and Twitter social apps. Summarizing the feature of Nokia 301 –
- 2.4inch QVGA TFT colour display with 320 x 240 pixel resolution
- Series 40 OS
- 3.2 MP rear Camera with 3X digital zoom
- Dual SIM ( GSM+GSM)
- 64MB RAM, 256MB internal memeory and up to 32GB external memeory microSD card
- EDGE, HSDPA and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- 1200 mAh BL-4U battery
Nokia 301 is planned to roll out on Q3 and will be priced at about €65 (roughly Rs 4,500).
Keeping the price point too down, Nokia 105 is the most affordable phone, offering exceptional value for price. It has Nokia’s excellent build quality, style and dependability, with a terrific battery life. It has an FM radio and features a flashlight in emergency situations. It boast a 35 days standby and up to 12.5 hours talk-time battery capacity. Nokia 105 comes with pre-loaded games, and the Nokia Life service will also be available in supported countries. Summarizing the feature of Nokia 105 –
- 45 inch 65k Colour TFT Display
- Series 30 platform
- 8MB ROM memeory
- 3.5 mm AV Connector
- 800 mAh BL-5CB battery
- 70 g weight including battery
The Nokia 105 will start selling in the second quarter of 2013 and price at €15 ( roughly Rs 1000).