Thought the 7MB size and feature rich MobiKwik mobile app is heavy for your smartphone? One of India’s popular mobile digital wallet provider MobiKwik has launched a lighter version of its mobile app called ‘MobiKwik Lite’. Available as a free download for android devices, the app is just under 1MB size.
MobiKwik Lite cuts down all the colourful features from its original app and keeps only the essential things. The app will be available in English as well as Hindi languages. It’s compatible with smartphones running Android v2.3 (gingerbread) and above. So, the app will work with oldest of the android smartphones out there.
Coming back to the features, MobiKwik Lite comes with a minimal user interface. It supports the basic tasks like recharging and bill payments of your mobile, DTH, electricity, data card, landline, gas, insurance, and water. Along with this, you can add money to your MobiKwik wallet using a debit card, credit card or net banking. You can also pay someone (friends or merchants) by sending money to his/her mobile number.
Another highlighted feature is that you can accept payments via SMS from all debit/credit cards, banks and wallets. The app will generate a MobiKwik QR code with your mobile number embedded in it. Using these you can receive payments from other MobiKwik wallet owners. This feature is especially useful for small shop owners and merchants who want to go cashless and accept digital payments from customers in the wake of currency demonetization. Users can also transfer any money available on their MobiKwik wallet directly to bank using the app.
MobiKwik Lite features
- The app takes up only 1MB size on your smartphone.
- Compatible with smartphones running Android v2.3 (gingerbread) and above.
- Single step OTP authentication using your mobile number and doesn’t require an e-mail ID.
- Supports English and Hindi languages.
- Can perform recharges, bill payments, send and receive payments, P2P money transfer, and bank transfer.
- MobiKwik QR code that can be shared with anyone to receive payment to your wallet.
- Works on slower internet connection, even on GPRS/EDGE.
Convinced enough? then you can download the MobiKwik Lite app by just giving a missed call to 80971 80971. You will instantly get an SMS with the downloading link to the app file. After installing you can login or signup to the MobiKwik Lite app using your mobile number.