Security is a major concern among users, especially with the recent demonetisation. People are increasingly using digital wallets and online banking causing digital money transaction to skyrocket. With around 133 million mobile devices in the country connected to the internet, there is a rise in cyber threats targeted towards mobile users.
To bolster mobile security in its upcoming smartphone lineup, Indian mobile vendor Micromax has partnered with Intel Security. Under this partnership, all upcoming Micromax devices will come integrated with Intel security’s McAfee Mobile Assistant. The mobile security app will also be released to existing Micromax devices via an over-the-air update.
The McAfee Mobile Assistant app will offer a full suite of mobile security. It will protect the device from malware, virus attacks, risky apps and online threats. The privacy protection tool will help to safeguard your personal data on the device. While the anti-theft protection will help you to track and find stolen devices. The app can also remotely lock and wipe the device to prevent misuse of your personal data.
Micromax Mobiles with McAfee Mobile Assistant
- Micromax devices will come with Intel Security’s McAfee Mobile Assistant app.
- Protection from viruses, spyware and malicious websites. Warn users while visiting an unsafe website or downloading unauthorised apps.
- Protection from virus attacks and online cyber threats.
- Privacy protection to safeguard your personal data.
- Anti-theft protection to track your stolen device.
- Boost your phone with Battery Optimizer.
“By integrating McAfee Mobile Assistant on Micromax devices, we are enabling our customers to enjoy a safe online experience in the digitally connected world,” said Vikas Jain, Co-founder of Micromax Informatics.
The McAfee Mobile Assistant which comes preloaded in Micromax device will be free for use. Users can also choose to pay for additional security services like VPN, secure data backup etc.