Micromax, the Indian mobile company, now promises to replace faulty feature phones within 100 days of warranty activation. This promise might extend to their smartphone and phablet devices in days to come. With this assurance, the company aims to gain more trust and provide best in class customer service.
Presenting the new warranty promise, Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer stated. “In the last few quarters, we have invested heavily and worked diligently to improve our service experience. We have a large base of feature phone users and for these valued users one of the key proposition for buying their phone is a great after sale service experience. Taking our promise, a step ahead, we are now bringing a care free user experience for all the feature phone customers offering them full replacement within 100 days of purchase, if any problem arises.”
What is Micromax’s 100 Days Replacement Warranty Promise?
You will be eligible for this warranty if,
- Your device is within the warranty period and conforms to terms mentioned on the warranty card.
- Even after latest software upgrade, the defect does not get rectified.
- There is a case of hardware failure.
You will not be eligible for this warranty if,
- The device has already crossed “100 days from date of activation/no date of activation”. It will instead be subject to the regular repair process.
- The device does not conform to the warranty’s policies.
- Only the accessories are faulty.
You will receive,
- A replacement device of the same or equivalent model.
- The replacement device within 48~72 hours, in case of delay.
nb: warranty of the original device will get transferred to the replacement unit.
In other words, the device is replaced free of cost, if found faulty. However, we infer that the replaced unit won’t have the 100-day replacement promise. This policy is now covering a total of 10 feature phones, viz X1i, x706, x424, x740, x730, x904, x570, x512, x412, and x726*. Apart from this new policy, Micromax has recently introduced servify damage protection plan for Dual 5 and one-year screen replacement warranty for Canvas 2. So let us hope these companies stick to their terms and offer a timely response. Peace!