Revamping Android offering in India with rival HTC and Samsung, LG India has announced LG Optimus 4X HD, company’s first quad-core offering. LG Optimus 4X HD is powered with quad-core NVIDIA 1.5GHz Tegra 3 processor and runs on Android 4.0 ICS OS. It comes in direct competition with HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy SII and priced at Rs 34,990.
The NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor is the world’s only 4-PLUS-1 Quad-Core mobile processor designed for high-level multimedia performance, but utilises a fifth battery-saver core to handle less demanding tasks such as active stand-by and music playback. When running at full speed, the 12-core graphics processing unit (GPU) in Tegra 3 delivers a visually rich experience and console-quality game playability. Its equipped with True HD IPS display, providing high resolution and clarity display. Optimus 4X HD boasts an 8-megapixel BSI (Backside Illumination) Sensor camera with LED flash and advanced multimedia features to enrich the overall experience.
LG Optimus 4X HD main features:
- 1.5GHz Quad-Core processor (NVIDIA Tegra 3) with 1 GB RAM
- 4.7inch True HD IPS TFT Capacitive Touch Screen (1280 x 720)
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) / Optimus UI 3.0
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi (Hot spot), Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA connectivity
- NFC, Bluetooth with A2DP, USB 2.0
- 8 MP BSI Sensor (Rear) with LED flash and 1.3 MP front camera
- Internal memory 16 GB, External memory by MicroSD up to 32 GB
- FM Radio
- 2150 mAh SIO Battery
“LG introduced the world’s first Dual-Core smartphone one year ago and today we’re announcing the next milestone,” said Brad Reed, Senior Marketing Manager, LG Electronics. “But speed in itself isn’t what makes LG Optimus 4X HD unique; it’s the benefit we’re bringing to customers with the HD multimedia experience, all in a beautiful mobile form.”