Have you recently booked a train ticket from IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) website, noticed any changes? IRCTC has recently switched most of its users to the next generation e-Ticketing system where the user experience has considerably improved, the booking time has drastically reduced and overall the website loads super fast. This revamped Railway Reservation system has been officially announced during the Railway Budget 2014 by the Minister of Railways, Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda.
Indian Railways is expanding the scope of online booking for people to book a Train, book a Coach, book a Berth and book a Seat in Chair Car.
Other Tech announcement in Railway Budget 2014
- Improve the system capabilities in e-ticketing on IRCTC to support 7200 tickets per minute as against 2000 tickets per minute now.
- IRCTC will allow 1,20,000 simultaneous users at any point in time
- Ticket booking through mobile phones and Post Offices
- Facility to buy platform tickets and unreserved tickets online
- One can now purchase Parking-cum-Platform combo tickets online
- Online booking facility of Railway Retiring Room extended to all the stations