Did you know? it
would/will now take 35 seconds or more to book a train ticket on Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website. According to a new system introduced by Indian Railway Ministry to prevent faster booking by fake users and scripting tools, there would be a compulsory 35 seconds wait to book train tickets on IRCTC.
Time to remove those ‘heavenly’ chrome extensions and automated scripting tools that would quickly book your tatkal train tickets as IRCTC has decided to implement a new layer of security system in addition to the CAPTCHA and OTP steps, where one need to wait 35 seconds to book a train ticket. It’s the minimum time required to book a train ticket (for genuine users) which depends upon the speed of your internet connection, form filling speed of individual and bank response time.
The Next Generation e-Ticketing System (NGeT) developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) can now handle the load of 15000 tickets in a minute and that would allow 250 tickets booked concurrently in a second. Tatkal booking time has been staggered from 10 AM to 11 AM for AC classes and 11 AM to 12 AM for non-AC classes.
Hurdles on your way to book train ticket on IRCTC
- Captcha to login, reservation Form page and payment page
- Minimum 35 seconds time check on passenger reservation form filling
- Minimum payment time checks implemented for payment process
- One user can do only one login at one point in a time
- OTP (One time password) on banking payment options
- Only one Tatkal ticket in single session
- Only two Tatkal tickets during Tatkal hours (one ticket between 10 AM to 11 AM and another between 11 AM to 12 AM)
- Maximum 10 tickets in a month on a single used ID
Note – at reservation counters, a ticket can be booked in less than 35 seconds.