Train’s tend to be late most of time and thus waste our time by making us wait for hours. But now Indian rail users can get real-time train running status on their hands, Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), has launched an Windows App for Windows 8 Desktop and Windows Phone that offers rain-running related and real-time status queries for all trains in India.
The National Train Enquiry System (NTES) App offers users with real-time status of Trains running in the country along with other features including
- Spot Your Train – that allow you to track any train running in the country by its name or train number.
- Live Station – it offers train schedules from a particular railway station of your choice with option to filter according to train type and time.
- Train Schedule – schedule of a particular train alone with the real-time train running status, stoppages enroute and its scheduled arrival/departure at the station, distance and day count.
- Cancelled Trains – real-time updated list of cancelled trains
- Diverted Trains – real-time updated list of diverted trains with current running status
- Rescheduled Trains – real-time updated list of trains that have been rescheduled to another time.
National Train Enquiry System is Indian railways’ back-end which provides valuable information to the public about train schedules on a near real-time basis through various medium like online website (www.trainenquiry.com), nationwide unique rail enquiry number 139, mobile website and Apps, touch screens kiosks, enquiry counters and display boards at stations.