In a fresh list, India government has banned 43 more mobile apps that have linkage with China. This time around, one of the popular shopping app AliExpress has been included in the ban list. These banned mobile apps are said to be engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order.
For the India Government, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has invoked its power under section 69A of the Information Technology Act to block these 43 mobile apps.
According to the official press statement, the order for blocking the access of these apps by users in India is based on the comprehensive reports received from Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center, Ministry of Home Affair.
“Government is committed to protect the interests of citizens and sovereignty and integrity of India on all fronts and it shall take all possible steps to ensure that,”
List of the 43 mobile apps banned in India
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard – BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- WeDate-Dating App
- Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV – TV version
- WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island?
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
Initially, on 29th June 2020 government banned 59 Chinese mobile apps that included the super popular TikTok, Shareit and UC Browser. Later on 2nd September, 118 mobile Chinese linked mobile apps including the popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile were banned.