The worthy successor of HTC’s popular HTC One (M7) is here the all new HTC One (M8) which features metal unibody design with a Smart Sensor Hub, duo ‘ultrapixel’ camera, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Android 4.4 KitKat OS and 4G LTE that support India’s 4G LTE networks.
HTC One (M8) got a durable, high-quality metal unibody design that flows right up to the 5 inch, full HD (1080p) display that comes with 440 PPI and protected by the Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3.
The smartphone is powered by 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor along with 2GB RAM and coupled with Adreno 330 GPU. It comes in 16GB or 32GB internal storage and can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card. If that storage is less for you, HTC has also packed 50GB of additional free Google Drive cloud storage.
One of the highlighted feature of HTC One (M8) is its DUO UltraPixel Camera or the two rear facing camera. The rear camera’s are having 4-UltraPixel resolution with a dual flash and full 1080p HD video recording. HTC claims the camera’s will offer incredible images in all lighting conditions and rich, high-quality video. There is also a 5 megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. The Duo Camera comes with a special depth sensor, in addition to the main UltraPixel module. Using it one can alter the focus of an image after the photo has been taken with UFocus, or make the photo’s subject stand out in a more impactful way by altering the background with creative effects using Foregrounder.
HTC One (M8) runs on the latest Android 4.4, KitKat along with the all-new HTC Sense 6 UI. HTC Sense 6 features a cleaner, more striking visual style along with customizable color themes and delivers a more personalized user experience.
On the connectivity front HTC One (M8) support 4G networks with Indian 2,300MHz band (both TD LTE and FDD LTE), thus allowing you to use the smartphone in Airtel’s 4G LTE network. Other connectivity features include 3G, WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled, DLNA and NFC.
HTC has also packed several value added apps to the smartphone including –
- Motion Launch – that offers convenient gesture controlled shortcuts. It allows double tap or simple swipe will activate the device, Auto Answer allows calls to be answered without touching the screen simply by putting the phone to the ear.
- HTC Sense TV – that offers an interactive second screen to your TV. Integrated official Facebook and Twitter streams enable real-time conversations and the ability to follow fan commentary about programs online and in social circles
- Extreme Power Saving Mode that offers extra standby time with better battery optimization.
The device also boast two front facing BoomSound speakers that offers immersive, powerful, crystal-clear sound with rich tones from bass through to treble.
- 5 inch 1080p (441ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU with 2GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKatwith HTC Sense 6 UI
- Rear Duo-camera with 4-Ultrapixel and depth sensor
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- 16/32 GB internal storage and support microSD card up to 128GB
- 4G LTE (support Indian 4GLTE networks), 3G, WiFi, Bluetooh v4.0, NFC
- 2,600mAh Battery
HTC One (M8) will be sold in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold colour and will be available in India from the third week of April 2014.