Google Plus has been creating waves ever since its announcement. Here is a simple tip for Google Plus users. Now you can get your Google Plus notifications to your mobile phone via SMS. You just need to add a mobile number and verify it with your Google Plus profile. After this you can set the preferences for the notifications. You can also post updates via SMS.
Steps To Follow
- Sign in to your Google account. Go to Google+.
- Click the gear button at the top right corner and select Google + settings.
- Under the set delivery preferences, click add phone number.
- Now add your mobile number and verify it with the code sent to your mobile.
- Now select SMS under delivery preferences (Don’t notify me is the default option). Modify the notification preferences as you wish.
Posting Updates via SMS (currently available only in India)
- You can also post status updates via SMS. To prevent SMS spoofing, it is recommended to add a security alphanumeric PIN.
- To start posting updates via SMS, send text to: +91 9222222222.
- You can even specify post visibility while updating via SMS. Here are the modifiers you can use:
- @[circle name] – To share your update with selected circles.
- @extended – To share your post with your extended circles.
- @public – To make your update visible to everyone (including search engines).
- @[email address] – To share your update with a particular person.