Want to learn how Indians shop online? India’s top e-commerce provider Flipkart has shared a “comprehensive and in-depth” view of how India shops online. The study analysed consumer buying preferences of around 50 million Indian shoppers between January 1st, 2015 and December 14th, 2015. During the study, Flipkart has come up with the detailed analysis of current shopping trends prevailing in India.
On a quick note, electronics and mobiles rule the online stores becoming the top performing categories, whereas Delhi NCR emerged as the most online shopping savvy metro.
Some key facts from the Flipkart FlipTrends 2015 –
- Shoppers between the 25-34 years age group dominate the Indian online shopping space with 42% share followed by 31 percent shoppers between the 15-24 years age group. There is only 27% contribution from Shoppers above 35-year-old.
- Online shopping in India is definitely male dominated with 69 percent of the online shoppers are male.
- More than half of the online shoppers are office goers, followed by students and self-employed shoppers.
- People from Delhi NCR tops the chart as the most online shoppers in India followed by Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Among the Tier 1 Indian cities Pune tops followed by Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Bhubaneshwar which is the only city from eastern India to get into the top charts.
- From Tier 2 Indian cities Mangalore sends the most shoppers to Flipkart, followed by Mysore, Dehradun, Salem and Guntur. Tiruvallur and Vellore in Tamil Nadu top the online shopper chart for Tier 3 cities with Chittoor, Medinipur and Tirunelveli following.
- Top 5 search on Flipkart where mobiles, shoes, sarees, watches and power banks