Google has declared war against the social networking giant Facebook by launching Google+. Google+ is a full-fledged social network where users can access their friend streams, share and edit photos and videos, share contents, create groups , audio and video chats and lots more.
Google+, which begins rolling out to a very limited number of users for test on Tuesday, is the hard work of a year-long project led by Vic Gundotra, Google’s senior vice president of social. Google have added all its products to it making a whole new social hub. To show the change is coming Google has completely redesigned its navigation bar from white strip at the top to black, and has several new options for accessing your Google+ profile, viewing notifications and instantly sharing content. Currently its signup is limited through invitation.
- Google+ Circles – A drag and drop list to add and organize your contacts.
- Google+ Stream – Its tipically a news feed of all activities from all your friends, just like Google buzz or a the facebook new feed.
- Google+Profile – Its a enhanced view of your existing Google profile, with lots of additional features.
- Google+ Hangouts –Hangouts is one of the attractive and innovative concepts of Google+. Its all about group video chat and more exclusive features.
- Google+ Sparks – Its a content recommendation system
- Google+ Photos – Upload, Edit and Share your photos
- Google+ Huddle –Huddle is basically a group-texting feature for the Circles you create
- Mobile Friendly – The whole social network is mobile user friendly . Its just adapt perfectly to any mobile devices and it have some many great features
There is a whole lots of innovative features in there, its only get reviled when you are there 🙂
Let us know your views on this. Does Google plus will bring a real challenge to facebook ? Do drop in your comments.