Now rediscover the way you watch videos or listen to music. Google has finally brought its most sorted streaming hardware – the second generation Chromecast and Chromecast Audio in India.
Priced at Rs 3,399, the new Chromecast and Chromecast Audio is available to purchase from several online marketplaces including Flipkart, Snapdeal, Paytm and offline retailers like Reliance and Croma.
The second generation Chromecast got a fully revamped design with its circular disk-like shape and a short, flexible HDMI cable extending from it, which earlier looked like a regular USB dongle. It now comes with a 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi support and an adaptive antenna system built-in to offer better connection stability and streaming experience.
The media streaming device got access to over 200,000 TV shows & films and 30 million songs. One can discover radio, sport, games and more from thousands of apps on play store. For Indian audience, Google has partnered with local content curators like Saavn, Wynk, Netflix, Google Play movies, YouTube, Hooq, Yupp TV, Ditto TV, Hungama and Eros Now.
- Stream videos from any device (android, iOS, Mac, Windows Laptops, Chromebooks).
- Range of free, subscription or paid content from hundreds of apps.
- 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi support.
- Adaptive antenna system.
- Backdrop images on TV screen with Google Photos, Facebook, Flickr and more.
- Mirror a website.
Chromecast Audio, on the other hand, is a full audio streaming device, which you can plug-in to a compatible speaker and stream music, radio or podcasts over WiFi. It also comes with a load of apps like Saavan, Wynk Music, TuneIn radio, and Hungama.
Chromecast Audio is connected to speakers via 3.5mm cable (which is included with the pack), RCA or Optical digital input jack. One can also stream music directly from their Android, iOS devices along with Mac, Windows laptop or Chromebooks.
- Stream audio from any device (android, iOS, Mac, Windows Laptops, Chromebooks).
- Supports lossless high-resolution audio.
- Multi-room setup – group Chromecast Audio devices together to listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
- Search, play, pause, queue songs and turn up/down the volume from your phone.
- Over 30 million songs from music services like Saavn, Wynk Music, and TuneIn radio.
As a promotional offer, Google India will be offering six months premium subscription Saavn Pro and Hooq which can be further extended by paying as low as Rs 99 per month.