The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), now allows Aadhaar holders to get the Aadhaar data update history online. With this new facility, users will be able to view and print the update history, which can be provided to various authorities on demand for availing various services. The beta version of the feature is now live on UIDAI official website, and here is how to use it.
“This is yet another innovative and useful facility through which people can now obtain their own Aadhaar update history from the UIDAI’s website and can use it in support of their assertion of address, etc. We have launched its Beta version,” its CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said.
How To Download Aadhaar Data Update History Online
- Visit the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Locate Aadhaar Update History (Beta) under Aadhaar online services.
- Click on it, you will be redirected to the resident portal of UIDAI.
- Type your 12 digit Aadhaar number or 16digits Virtual ID number.
- Enter security code and use either OTP or TOTP from m-Aadhaar application.
- Type the OTP received or T-OTP generated on mobile and click submit.
- You will now see the table of Aadhaar update history with the current timestamp.
- Latest data is on top with Update Request Number(URN), date and type of update.
- Data shown includes a photo, mobile(masked), email(masked), dob, gender, and address.
In order to use the feature, you must have an Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number(ARMN). If you don’t have an ARMN, contact the nearest enrolment center to update the same. For your information, TOTP is time based OTP generated from the official m-Aadhaar mobile application.
“Providing Aadhaar update history will bring in more trust and further empower people because they can now use their update history to the authorities while applying for jobs, school admissions, various services or benefits, etc, because in most such cases they are usually asked to provide their address for the last two or three years,” Pandey said.
The new facility is useful however, UIDAI has not provided any links to save the information. So the only method to save the data is to use the print or save as option from your device’s browser. It would have been more convenient if the website gives us an option to generate a document file with the update history.