Bas bajna chahiye gaana! One of India’s top music app Gaana has hit a new milestone within four years of launch. The online music streaming app has crossed 50 million app downloads. With nine Indian regional languages support, the app now serves more than 35 million registered users. Out of the registered users, more than 75 percent are less than 35 years old, showing the popularity of Gaana among Indian youth.
Gaana is also the biggest music and content streaming service in India with a listing of over ten million songs. The online music streaming service offers music catalogue spread across International, Bollywood, and regional spanning over 84 languages and multiple genres. With its massive user base and massive music catalogue the monthly music streaming has already crossed 1.5 billion.
“It’s a proud moment for all of us at Gaana, not many home-grown brands have achieved this milestone. As an Industry leader we shall continue to innovate and deliver the best consumer experience to our users,” said Prashan Agarwal, COO, Gaana. “With our focus on regional languages, we shall continue to make efforts in our services, which are available to all the Indian audience across different geographies in India and abroad,” he added.
Gaana has recently launched ‘Facebook Messenger bot‘, which offers users daily updates about fresh music content. It also added original media content programming with top celebrities likes of Asha Bhonsle, Shankar Mahadevan, and Ashish Vidyarthi. Other recently added features include the integration of mobile wallet, local music integration, localisation of the app in 9 languages, and music recommendation engine.
- A collection of over 10 million songs across International and Indian regional languages.
- Songs in Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Punjabi, Malayalam, Oriya, Rajasthani, Bengali, Assamese and Bhojpuri languages.
- Non-stop Radio and 10 Radio Mirchi stations across India.
- Original media content programming with top celebrities.
- Gaana Plus Premium subscription – Unlimited downloads & streaming, ad-free music experience, high-quality music streaming and sync up to 5 devices.
To celebrate the achievement, Gaana has launched a promotional contest for its users. Participants can engage with the brand by recording a video while singing the jingle – “Bas Bajne chahiye gaana”. You will then stand a chance to win free smartphones.