You will be definitely one among the hundred million customers. India’s top e-commerce website Flipkart has crossed 100 million registered customers, becoming the first online marketplace in India to reach the milestone.
So how BIG is 100 million users base? according to Flipkart, its registered customer base is around 63 percent of entire wireless and wireline broadband connections in India. When compared this figures with TRAI’s latest telecom subscription data, India got around 159.80 million broadband subscribers.
Nine years back in October 2007, ‘VVK Chandra’ from Mahbubnagar brought a book online, which marked the beginning of India’s leading online shopping marketplace.
Other major milestones
- The introduction of 24/7 customer support in the year 2008.
- Flipkart launched COD (cash-on-delivery) as a payment option back in the year 2010.
- In the year 2011, Flipkart launches e-Wallet (which is now upgraded to PhonePe).
- You may not have noticed, but in the year 2012, only Flipkart introduced the ‘save card’ option in the payment settings for faster checkout.
- In the year 2013, Flipkart hits the milestone of 1 lakh books in a day. Launches same-day and next-day delivery options.
- Flipkart started its biggest online sale – The Big Billion Day in the year 2014.
- In 2015, Flipkart crossed 50 million registered customer base. In the same year, Flipkart brought back its mobile site – Flipkart Lite.
- Last, this year (2016), Flipkart introduced Product exchange and F-assured.