Finally Flipboard the popular magazine style app for Android has landed on Google Play officially. Earlier the app was leaked from the Samsung Galaxy SIII and recently the Flipboard beta was released. Flipboard has also been integrated with Google+ a recent addition which was done with the help of Google+ api.
Flipboard is a social-network aggregation, magazine styled application for iOS devices and now for Android too. It collects the articles and content of social media and other websites and presents it as an awesome magazine format which allows users to “flip” through this contents and also feeds from websites that have partnered with the company. Flip through the news from users Twitter timeline as well as from outlets like the BBC, USA Today and The Verge. See everything from posts and photos shared by friends on Facebook and Instagram to videos from Stephen Colbert and pop culture nuggets from Rolling Stone. Find inspiration for travel, style and life from places like National Geographic, Oprah and Cool Hunting.
Highlighted features include –
- Be amazed by what you see when everything people are sharing, collecting and publishing in every moment comes together in a single place.
- Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites—and flip through articles, updates, photos and videos in a beautiful magazine format.
- Connect Flipboard to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Google Reader, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, Sina Weibo and Renren.
- Get a quick dose of what’s happening now, in Cover Stories, a constantly updated selection of articles, photos and videos shared by your friends.
- Save anything to read later using Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.
- Create a Flipboard account to access your favorite content and social networks on different or shared devices.
- Enjoy Flipboard in 14 localized editions—for Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, U.S. and U.K.
- Explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide, including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other topics of interest.
- Access Flipboard quickly through the widget.
So why wait grab the world’s most popular social reader app from Google Play. If you like the app provide feedback by going to the About section in the app Settings and then tap the Flipboard logo or just email them directly at android – [email protected].
Watch out the quick preview of the app on my Samsung Galaxy S II –