Flipboard the popular magazine app has crossed just another milestone raising to over 53 Million readers. With the earlier launch of Flipboard 2.0 the next generation new reader, Flipbaord offers users with the ability to instantly create their own magazine. Since the update users have created more than 500,000 magazines in the last two weeks and more than 3 million new users had joined the Flipboard community.
Some great addition in Flipboard 2.0 –
- Flip It Bookmarklet – With “Flip It” button on your browser toolbar, you can flip virtually anything ( text, audio and video) you find by clicking the bookmarklet from any web page, which then added to your latest “flipped” items in a print-style layout.
- A new, visual Content Guide – Tap the Red Ribbon and you’ll see your own table of contents, all the magazines you’ve created, Notifications and lots of other goodies for you to peruse.
- Commenting on Flipboard – Users can now comment and draw in other Flipboard users with @mentions on stories.
- Recommended Reading – a personalized list of stories drawn from users social interactions.
- Subsections in partner magazines, newspapers and websites
- Fast section switching and Facebook Open Graph integration