No cash in hand because of the sudden demonetization the Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes by the government. Or done waiting on long queues outside ATMs and Banks for cash. India’s second largest telecom operator Vodafone India has announced a unique cash withdrawal facility for its Vodafone M-Pesa wallet subscribers. Using this facility you can easily withdraw cash balance from your M-Pesa digital wallet through any of the 120,000 strong Vodafone M-Pesa outlets across India.
On the way, you can easily load up to Rs 20,000 on Vodafone M-Pesa digital wallet via credit card or debit card or net banking. There is absolutely zero charges for loading and withdrawing money from Vodafone M-Pesa digital wallet.
To get started, you need to download the Vodafone M-Pesa mobile app, which is available for both android and iOS devices. You can also signup for the digital wallet by visiting the Vodafone m-pesa website [mpesa.in]. Both Vodafone and non-Vodafone customers can signup for the service. Using Vodafone M-Pesa you can easily load money to the account, send money to any bank account or mobile number in India, recharge and pay the bill of your mobile, DTH or data card and finally withdraw cash.
To withdraw the loaded cash from Vodafone M-Pesa, customers need to visit any of the Vodafone M-Pesa outlets across India. You must also carry an identity proof like Aadhar, driving licence or voters ID. Do note that cash withdrawal is subject to availability, in line with RBI guidelines.
How to withdraw cash from Vodafone M-Pesa
- First, you must have loaded money to the Vodafone M-Pesa via credit card or debit card or net banking. Or you can also get money sent by your friends or family members.
- In Vodafone M-Pesa mobile app select ‘Withdraw Money’ option. You can also withdraw money by dialling USSD code *400# from your registers mobile number.
- Select ‘Send/Withdraw Money’ option and under it select ‘Withdrawal’.
- Next step enter the agent number from the Vodafone M-Pesa outlet.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from the wallet.
- Finally, enter your secure unique m-pesa wallet PIN to authorise the transaction.
- Once authorised, you will get an SMS from the transaction details and the money from the Vodafone m-pesa outlet or m-pesa agent.
Vodafone M-Pesa is trying to leverage the reach of mobile technology by effectively bringing the bank to the mobile. Also by enabling financial inclusion and offering customers the convenience of a digital wallet for easy transactions and cash withdrawal at their convenience.