Still, we have to see any major bidding from the top telcos Airtel, Vodafone India, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio. The second day of the biggest Spectrum Auction 2016 closed after six rounds of bidding and fetching a total bid value of Rs 56,792 crore.
The telecom operators have not raised a single bid for the super premium 700 MHz and 900 MHz bands. Day one also saw no bidding for 700 MHz band. The 700 MHz band which is excellent for 4G (LTE) services, has kept the bidders away with its reserve price of Rs 4 lakh crore.
Day 2 report on Spectrum Auction 2016
- 6 rounds of bidding on day 2 taking the total rounds to 11.
- 700 MHz and 900 MHz bands still have zero bids.
- 850 MHz band – saw bidding only in Gujarat telecom circle.
- 1800 MHz band – the majority of bidding activities were seen in the 1800MHz band. Intense bidding on Mumbai and Maharashtra telecom circles by Tata Teleservices, Idea and Vodafone. Fresh bids on Haryana, Kolkata, UP east and UP west telecom circles. A maximum of 81 bids was received for Assam telecom circle.
- 2100 MHz band – news bids only in the Maharashtra telecom circle. Only eight of the 22 telecom circles have seen bidding interest so far.
- 2300 MHz band – strong demand in Gujarat telecom circle from Airtel. Strong spectrum demands on Maharashtra and Kerala telecom circle.
- 2500 MHz band – limited bidding, with new demands only in West Bengal telecom circle.