A phone that offers decent hardware specification and running on Android OS with frequent updates like Nexus devices. That’s exactly Indian startup CREO trying to achieve with the launch of Mark 1 android smartphone.
‘Mark 1 is a new phone every month‘, that’s what the company claims to offer, with its monthly OS updates that improve phone performance and add exciting new features upvoted by its community.
CREO Mark 1 got a sleek design with its aluminium and magnesium alloy frame on the side and back. The mobile flaunts a 5.5 inch Quad HD LCD display with a PPI count of 534 that offers vivid colours on the screen. Under the hood, the Mark 1 is powered by 1.95GHz MediaTek Helio X10 True Octa Core processor that’s paired with 3GB RAM.
Mark 1 comes with 32GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card. On the photography side, the mobile got a 21-megapixel camera on back equipped with Sony Exmor IMX230 sensor and dual tone LED flash. The camera supports 4K video recording at 30 frames per seconds along with slow motion videos at 120 frames per seconds in full HD.
For those remarkable selfies, Mark 1 got an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with an 86-degree wide-angle lens and beauty feature on the camera app.
Connectivity wise CREO Mark 1 got dual SIM capability with full support for 4G LTE, 3G, and 2G networks. The mobile supports all Indian 4G Bands including the Band 40 (TDD-LTE 2300MHz), Band 3 (FDD-LTE 1800MHz) and Band 8 (900MHz). Along with it, the mobile supports WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity options.
The major highlight of CREO Mark 1 is its software which runs on the customized Fuel OS based on Android. Along with monthly OS updates, the company aims to introduce new features crowdsourced from its own community and through the reFUEL app. CREO has bundled couple of interesting features in Mark 1 including –
- reFuel – one-stop app for all updates for Mark 1. It also comes with feature suggestions, forums, support and Mark 1 tips and tricks.
- Sense – a contextual search engine for your mobile through which you can search for anything from contact, apps, docs, mp3 files and more on the phone by double-tapping the home button.
- Retriever – an advanced ‘Find My Phone’ feature that helps you find the phone if got stolen. It automatically sends alerts to your Email ID anytime a new SIM is inserted in your Mark 1 and even works without an active internet connection or after a factory reset.
- Echo – automatic call answering feature with your own recorded voice.
- Messaging – sorting your messages into sensible categories like in Gmail or Google inbox filtering out spam messages and offering quick reply feature.
- Notifications manager – take full control by blocking or muting any type of notification you receive from the app.
- Smart Roaming & Smart Forwarding – Smart Roaming automatically set your local SIM as default and Smart Forwarding auto-diverts calls made to an unavailable SIM.
- Smart Gestures – with scribbling gestures on the phone screen, you can launch the camera app, turn on the flashlight or take a screenshot instantly.
- 3D Photo and Live Photo – quick captures a 3-second live video or GIF before taking a camera shot.
- CREO Support – that offers chat or call with a CREO Support executive for any help with the phone or its new features.
CREO Mark 1 Specification
- 5.5 inch LCD display (1440x2560px) 534 PPI
- 1.95GHz MediaTek Helio X10 True Octa-Core processor
- PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- Fuel OS based on Android
- 32GB Internal storage and expandable with microSD card
- 21 MP back camera and 8MP front-facing camera
- dual SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- 3100 mAh Battery
At last the pricing, CREO Mark 1 is priced at Rs 19,999 and will be available on company’s official website, as well as, Flipkart. For any sort of support, CREO has around 106 service centres across India which will be expanded to more cities.