BSNL , a state owned telecom service provider @ India . BSNL 3G is a pan india 3G GSM Service Operator in India . BSNL Today announced the extension of Video call and 3G Data Facilities for its 2G Prepaid Customers @ Tamilnadu .
The 2G prepaid or postpaid customers will be able to use 3G Services except in Data Plans. The 2G Prepaid Customer will be receiving 128KBPS while as a 3G Customer will be enabled to get 3.2 mbps of mobile broadband .
The customer should have a 3G enabled handset to use his/her 2G Sim for 3G Services . The 2G customers can make Video Calls to BSNL/MTNL Subscribers @ Present as they are the only 3G Providers of India .The customer has to choose “Automatic / Dual mode” in “Network setting” in his handset. This will enable him to view the 2G / 3G Network symbol.
Any new or existing 2G customer can activate 3G data speed in two ways as following and enjoy all 3G facilities:
- By sending SMS “ACT3G” to 53733. On receipt of the SMS he will be provided with 3G Data speed after termination of any 2G Data voucher which is in use.
- For deactivation, the customer can send SMS “DACT3G” to 53733. On receipt of Deactivation SMS, the customers will be given 2G data speed.
- By using any one of the 3G data RCVs (MRP 275, 439, 606, 716, 1102, 1499- through C-Top-up only).
- If any 2G Data RCV (old name -GPRS STV) MRP 7, 14, 20, 98, 274, 555 (- all 2G Data RCVs through SMS only) is used, the speed will be brought back to 2 G Data speed (128kbps).
While activating from 2G speed to 3G speed and vice versa, during the validity period, of the respective Data RCV, the left out volume of Data, availed through Data vouchers, in the respective speed, will be nullified.
- Even after expiry of 3G Data RCV, subscriber will continue to get 3G Data speed till he uses a 2G Data RCV (by SMS or by sending SMS “DACT3G? to 53733.
- The tariff beyond the free usage limit specified for each 2G & 3G Data RCVs is @ 1p/10KB uniformly.
- During the above said process, the basic voice tariff plan in 2G continues to remain the same.
For Further Information visit: www.tamilnadu.bsnl.co.in or Call 94000 24365 or Visit the Nearest BSNL Customer Service Centre